inspiration and mentoring
THE VOCALSVILLE CHOIR:
Singing, especially in a choir, is associated with a myriad of health benefits that are just too vast to ignore. So “live long, prosper and join a choir!”
Research shows that singing in a choir reduces stress, anxiety and depression, lowering heart rates and improving overall wellbeing.
The VOCALSVILLE Choir is different because:
• We never over-fill our choir losing the feeling of connectedness and community
• We sing a very wide range of songs including pop, jazz, musical theatre, blues, gospel, rock, soul and more so there is something for everyone and an opportunity to experience and learn from different musical styles
• We teach our choir members how to present themselves on a stage and to perform, enhancing their experience and building confidence as a result
• We show our choir members how to breath effectively which helps to reduce anxiety and stress, increase energy and strengthen the voice
• We pass on lots of singing advice so our choir members feel they can improve their individual sound and progress to singing solo should they so wish
• We have lots of performing opportunities available
Our Choir Leader
Experienced singing teacher and performer Rachel leads the choir. She is passionate about helping people experience the joy of singing and the energy and aliveness that brings.
New members are always welcome. Call now on 07759 544 963 to book a free taster session or to book the choir for your event. We meet on Monday evenings
8pm to 9.30pm term time.
It is a fun, friendly group who enjoy singing a wide range of songs from
Pop, Rock, Musical Theatre and Jazz. Please see our Choir page for more info.